Sunday, July 24, 2011

Rachel Carson: Environmentalist

Rachel Carson was a biologist and conservationist. Her works and efforts brought about an environmental movement. It is because of her research, work, writings, and studies about the dangers of pesticides that many lives of various animals and species were saved. What was not a broadly acclaimed and accredited was the countless lives of humans that were sacraficed in the process.

Rachel Carson advocated the banning of pesticides, namely DDT, of which she felt was responsible and causing death to many animals like birds and beetles to name a couple of the species harmed by pesticides. On the opposing by banning and ceasing to make available such pesticides she was indirectly advocating the emergence and spread of diseases like malaria, yellow fever, and plague that could be prevented with the same pesticides. It is argued that Carson was putting the lives of animals before those of the her own kind. She did years of research, wrote articles and worked with prestigious biologists that knew the ins and outs and pros and cons of making policies against pesticides, yet she continued with her efforts.

While it is something to be said about standing up and speaking for those that are not able to speak and often are second when it comes to humans, Rachel Carson in essence is responsible for millions of deaths across the world. The good of banning pesticides does not seem to outweigh making cures, preventing diseases, preventing spread, saving lives, and possibly erradicating diseases. Many of the vectors like flies and moquitoes that are responsible for spreading many of the dredful human killing diseases can be killed with the same pesticides that Carson was against.

It is always two sides to a story. You win some and you lose some. While gains do often come with risks and sacrafices, Rachel Carson made the ultimate sacrafice by leaving her fellow man to fend for himself against these diseases that plagued that Earth without other ways of fighting them off but with the pesticides she wanted to ban.

1 comment:

  1. I'm here to give my testimony how I was cured from HIV, I contacted my HIV via blade. A friend of my use blade to peel of her finger nails and drop it where she use it, so after she has left i did know what came unto me i looked at my nails, my nails were very long and I took the blade which she just used on her own nails to cut of my finger nails, as i was maintaining my names, i mistakenly injured myself. I did even bother about it, so when I got to the hospital the next week when i was ill the doctor told me that I am HIV positive, i wondered where did i got it from so i remembered how I use my friend blade to cut off my hand so i feel so sad in my heart to the extent that i don’t even know what to do, so one day i was passing through the internet i met a testimony of a lady that all talk about how she was cured by a doctor called DR Imoloa so i quickly emailed the doctor and he also replied to me and told me the requirements which i will provide and I do according to his command, he prepare a herbal medicine for me which I took. He message me the following week that i should go for a test which i did to my own surprise i found that i was HIV negative. He also have cured for all kinds of incurable diseases like: Huntington's disease, back acne, chronic kidney failure, Addison's disease, Chronic Disease, Crohn's Disease, Cystic Fibrosis, Fibromyalgia, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Fungal Nail Disease, Paralysis, Celia Disease , Lymphoma, Major Depression, Malignant Melanoma, Mania, Melorheostosis, Meniere's Disease, Mucopolysaccharidosis, Multiple Sclerosis, Muscle Dystrophy, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Alzheimer Disease and so many. Thanks to him once more the great doctor that cured me dr. Imoloa so you can also email him via drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com or what'sapp him on +2347081986098.. God Bless you Sir.

    ReplyDelete